Harrisonburg, VA 22801 US
$90,000 - $115,000 + bonus
Position Overview: We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Project Engineer. As a Project Engineer, you will play a crucial role in overseeing and managing various engineering projects within our organization. The ideal candidate will have a four-year degree in engineering, along with prior experience in the food, beverage, pharmaceutical, or consumer packaged goods (CPG) manufacturing. Reporting directly to the Corporate Engineering Director, this role offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to our company's growth and success.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including R&D, Operations, and Quality, to define project scope, objectives, and requirements.
- Plan, execute, and monitor engineering projects from initiation to completion, ensuring they are delivered on time, within scope, and within budget.
- Conduct feasibility studies, risk assessments, and cost-benefit analyses to support project decision-making.
- Develop detailed project plans, including tasks, timelines, resource allocation, and milestones.
- Identify potential project risks and develop mitigation strategies to ensure successful project execution.
- Coordinate and communicate effectively with internal stakeholders, external vendors, and contractors to ensure seamless project implementation.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to project team members, ensuring adherence to engineering best practices and industry standards.
- Prepare and present regular project status updates and reports to the Corporate Engineering Director and other key stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (Mechanical, Chemical, Industrial, or related field).
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in the food, beverage, pharmaceutical, or CPG industry.
- Proficiency in project management methodologies, tools, and software.
- Strong understanding of engineering principles, design, and manufacturing processes.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to make sound decisions under pressure.
- Effective communication skills to convey complex technical information to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Detail-oriented mindset with a focus on accuracy and quality in all project deliverables.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Prior experience in managing projects related to process optimization, equipment installation, or facility expansion is a plus.
- Minimal travel required, primarily for site visits and occasional meetings.
Subject: Project Engineer- Harrisonburg, VA