Assistant Plant Manager
La Grange, TX 78945 US
$115,000 - $130,000 + 15% bonus
Job Summary: We are seeking an experienced Operations Manager to join our dynamic manufacturing team. The ideal candidate should possess a bachelor's degree, have a background in food, beverage, or pharmaceutical manufacturing, and demonstrate exceptional leadership skills. Reporting directly to the Plant Manager, the Operations Manager will oversee a diverse team of salaried employees and hourly workers, ensuring efficient production processes, maintaining quality standards, and promoting a safe and collaborative working environment.
- Manage and lead a team of salaried employees and 150 hourly employees, providing guidance, mentorship, and performance management.
- Foster a positive and inclusive work environment, promoting teamwork and effective communication.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including production, quality control, maintenance, and logistics, to ensure smooth operations and adherence to production schedules.
- Oversee production processes, monitor key performance indicators (KPIs), and implement continuous improvement initiatives to optimize efficiency and reduce waste.
- Maintain high product quality standards by implementing and monitoring quality control measures and procedures.
- Address any deviations from quality standards promptly and effectively, collaborating with relevant departments to resolve issues.
Safety and Compliance:
- Uphold strict safety protocols and promote a culture of safety awareness among all team members.
- Ensure compliance with industry regulations, company policies, and best practices in manufacturing.
- Manage resources effectively, including materials, equipment, and manpower, to meet production demands.
- Monitor inventory levels and coordinate with procurement to ensure adequate supplies are available.
Performance Analysis and Reporting:
- Analyze production data, KPIs, and operational metrics to identify areas for improvement and make data-driven decisions.
- Prepare regular reports on production performance, efficiency, and other relevant metrics for senior management.
- Lead and support initiatives to enhance processes, increase productivity, and reduce operational costs.
- Encourage innovation and seek opportunities to implement new technologies or methodologies.
- Bachelor's degree from a 4-year institution in a relevant field.
- Proven experience in operations management within the food, beverage, or pharmaceutical manufacturing industry.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Problem-solving mindset with a track record of implementing process improvements.
- Knowledge of safety regulations, quality control standards, and manufacturing best practices.
- Proficiency in using relevant software for data analysis and reporting.
Subject: Assistant Plant Manager- La Grange, TX