Brookfield, WI 53005 US
$75,000 - $95,000 + 10% bonus
Job Title: Maintenance Supervisor
Job Summary: The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for leading and overseeing maintenance operations in a manufacturing environment. This role requires prior manufacturing experience, with a 4-year degree not being mandatory. The Maintenance Supervisor reports to the Maintenance Manager and manages a team of 8 direct reports. The primary focus of this role is to ensure the effective maintenance and repair of equipment, facilities, and systems to support uninterrupted production.
- Team Leadership: Manage and provide leadership to a team of 8 maintenance technicians, ensuring they perform their duties efficiently and effectively.
- Maintenance Planning: Collaborate with the Maintenance Manager to plan and schedule maintenance activities, including routine maintenance, preventive maintenance, and equipment repairs.
- Equipment Inspection: Oversee the inspection of machinery, equipment, and facilities to identify and address maintenance needs, safety concerns, and potential issues.
- Repair and Troubleshooting: Lead and participate in maintenance and repair activities, troubleshooting technical issues, and coordinating resources to minimize downtime.
- Spare Parts Management: Manage inventory of spare parts and supplies, ensuring that the necessary materials are available for maintenance tasks.
- Documentation: Maintain detailed records of maintenance activities, repairs, and spare parts inventory. Generate and submit reports as required.
- Safety Compliance: Ensure that all maintenance activities are conducted in compliance with safety regulations and guidelines, and promote a culture of safety within the maintenance team.
- Training: Develop and implement training programs for maintenance technicians to enhance their skills and ensure they are up-to-date with the latest technologies and best practices.
- Vendor and Contractor Management: Coordinate and supervise external contractors and vendors for specialized maintenance work.
- Budget Management: Assist in managing the maintenance department budget, controlling costs related to maintenance activities.
- Prior experience in manufacturing maintenance is required.
- A 4-year degree is not mandatory, although it may be considered an advantage.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing equipment and maintenance practices.
- Leadership and team management experience.
- Technical knowledge and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of safety regulations and best practices in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure manufacturing environment.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in using maintenance management software.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a team.
- Flexibility to work in shifts if required.
Subject: Maintenance Supervisor- Brookfield, WI