Newport, VT 05855 US
$60,000 - $65,000
Job Title: Maintenance Team Leader
Job Description: The Maintenance Team Leader is a hands-on leadership position responsible for overseeing a team of 5 hourly maintenance technicians. This role requires prior experience in a manufacturing environment and a strong understanding of maintenance procedures and best practices.
- Team Management: Lead and supervise a team of 5 maintenance technicians, providing guidance, training, and support to ensure effective performance and high-quality work.
- Maintenance Planning: Collaborate with production and operations teams to prioritize maintenance tasks, schedule repairs, and minimize equipment downtime.
- Preventive Maintenance: Develop and implement preventive maintenance programs to ensure optimal equipment functionality, conducting regular inspections and maintenance activities.
- Troubleshooting and Repairs: Diagnose equipment malfunctions, perform repairs, and coordinate with technicians to resolve issues promptly and efficiently.
- Safety Compliance: Enforce safety regulations and practices, promoting a culture of safety within the maintenance team and ensuring adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Documentation and Reporting: Maintain accurate records of maintenance activities, including work orders, repairs, and equipment history. Generate reports on maintenance metrics and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Continuous Improvement: Identify opportunities to enhance maintenance processes, streamline procedures, and implement cost-saving initiatives.
- Equipment Upgrades and Installations: Assist in the planning and execution of equipment upgrades, installations, and modifications, working closely with engineering and production teams.
- PLC Knowledge: Possess an understanding of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) and be capable of troubleshooting.
- Training and Development: Identify training needs within the maintenance team and coordinate training programs to enhance technical skills and knowledge.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment, with a focus on maintenance.
- Strong technical knowledge of maintenance procedures and best practices.
- Experience leading and supervising a team of maintenance technicians.
- Ability to diagnose and repair mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic equipment.
- Familiarity with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) and their troubleshooting.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong organizational and time management abilities.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Safety-oriented mindset with knowledge of relevant regulations and practices.
- Flexibility to work day shifts and occasional overtime as needed.
Subject: Maintenance Supervisor- Newport, VT