Lafayette, IN 47901 US
$110,000 - $130,000 + 15%
Job Title: Quality Manager
The Quality Manager plays a crucial role in ensuring the highest standards of quality and safety in the food manufacturing process. This position is responsible for overseeing the quality assurance team, managing supervisors and leads, and collaborating with various departments to uphold and enhance quality control procedures.
Leadership and Supervision:
Manage and lead a team of 20 employees, including 2 supervisors and 4 leads.
Foster a positive and collaborative work environment.
Provide guidance, mentorship, and training to team members.
Conduct regular performance reviews and address any performance issues.
Implement and maintain quality control procedures in accordance with industry standards and regulations.
Monitor and ensure compliance with food safety regulations and certifications.
Develop, review, and update quality policies and procedures as needed.
Collaborate with production teams to address quality concerns and implement corrective actions.
Identify areas for process improvement and efficiency within the quality control process.
Work closely with cross-functional teams to implement continuous improvement initiatives.
Analyze data and metrics to drive quality improvements.
Communication and Collaboration:
Communicate effectively with the QA Director, providing regular updates on quality performance and issues.
Collaborate with production, R&D, and other relevant departments to address quality-related matters.
Conduct regular meetings with supervisors, leads, and team members to ensure alignment and address any concerns.
Training and Development:
Develop and implement training programs to enhance the skills and knowledge of the quality assurance team.
Stay current with industry trends and advancements in quality assurance.
- Previous experience in food manufacturing and quality assurance is required.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of food safety regulations and certifications.
- Ability to analyze data and implement data-driven improvements.
- Attention to detail and commitment to maintaining high-quality standards.
- Education: A 4-year degree is not required but preferred. Relevant experience in food manufacturing will be considered.
Subject: Quality Manager- Lafayette, IN